“Today is a historic and proud moment for us, as India has unanimously chosen the name of their Favourite Family Car to be called The All-New SANTRO.” Said Mr. Y K Koo, MD & CEO of HMIL as the company, unveiled the all-new Santro for the Indian market. The world premiere of the much-awaited new-gen Santro will be held on October 23, 2018 in New Delhi.
Since its first launch, Santro created history with its numerous segment-first innovations and became loved millions of families around the globe. Hyundai says the new Santro is based on the six key pillars – Modern Stylish Tallboy design, Comfortable and Premium Cabin, New Age Technology, Customer Centric Safety, All Round Performance and Complete Peace Mind. It also becomes the first Hyundai car in India to get an AMT gearbox.
A look at the features:
- It features a Modern Stylish Tallboy design theme based on “Rhythmical Tension” that exudes a refined yet sporty image. The front is defined by Hyundai’s Signature Cascade Grille with chrome surround that projects modern and premium appeal of the car.
- To ensure a Comfortable and Premium Cabin experience even in the harshest summers, the all-new Santro offers Best-in-Class AC along with First-in-Segment Rear AC Vents for enhanced comfort of the passengers in the rear seat.
- It will come packed with New Age Technology features including segment-first 17.64 cm Touch Screen Audio Video System. The multi-media system is equipped with smartphone connectivity – Android auto, Apple Carplay and Mirror Link along with supporting Voice Recognition Function & Rear Parking Camera display.
- To ensure Customer Centric Safety the all-new Santro is built on a new platform along with the application of 63% Advanced High Strength Steel (AHSS) + High Strength Steel (HSS), helping to achieve prominent static & dynamic stiffness with improved structural connectivity. Additionally, standard ABS with EBD and Driver’s Airbag provides uncompromised safety.
- To improve All Round Performance, it is equipped with the reliable 4-Cylinder 1.1 Litre petrol engine with low vibrations, superior performance, and high fuel efficiency.
- Finally, to give the customers a Complete Peace of Mind, Hyundai India will provide 3 Years/100,000 kms Warranty and 3 Years Road Side Assistance (Best in Segment). It will also offer the lowest cost of maintenance with a doorstep service facility.